The Sentry Model SA sampler takes a cross-cut sample of free-flowing materials from vertical spouts and chutes. The SA takes a sample when a solenoid-controlled pneumatic rotary actuator swings a pelican type diverter on an arc across the entire product flow. The diverter captures a sample then discharges it through the pelican tube. The discharge tube is on the axis of rotation and is parallel to the material flow. The diverter is under a dust seal when at rest, keeping the fines from flowing into the diverter. The sampler is controlled by a Sentry automatic control system, allowing the operator to program the time between samples.
With representative sampling, characteristics of each sample match that of the entire lot or batch – so samples are repeatable, leading to accurate sample analysis data. Automatic sampling ensures a sample can be easily and safely obtained with no need for direct human interface or interference. This ensures sample integrity as well as operator safety.
Suitable for: Pellets, powders, flakes, granules, grain, and seed
- USDA, Canadian Grain, FGIS, and NOPA approved design
- Operates under a few inches w.g. (+/-) pressure which makes it dust and vapor-resistant to working areas
- Available with air or electric actuation
- Electrical option includes AC TEFC motor; DC and explosion-proof options available
- Rugged steel construction
- Optional materials available
- Controllers and remote operating modules available in a variety of configurations
- Available in a model that is conformant to ATEX Standards (through third party verification)
- Materials 300 series stainless, Aluminum Cylinder, Kevlar, White Nitrile
- Particle Size 10 μm – ¼” (6 mm); larger sizes upon request
- Process Temperature -20°F to 180°F (-29°C to 82°C)
- Maximum Process Pressure ATM
- Instrument Air Required 60 to 80 psi, 282 in³ per stroke