The Sentry ISOLOK SAL-B automatic point sampler collects representative liquid and slurry samples from continuously pressurized process lines of up to 300 psig (20.7 barg). Each cycle collects a fixed volume of liquid or slurry.
The unique design of the Sentry ISOLOK SAL-B sampler integrates an ISOVALVE ball valve into the sampler body. When off-line inspection or maintenance is needed, the ISOVALVE can be closed and the entire sampler removed while the process line remains in pressurized service.
An optional park position cylinder is available to allow the sample plunger to dwell flush with the nose end of the sampler. This feature prevents any accumulation of process solids in the open end of the sample valve.
Sentry ISOLOK samplers have a reputation for reliable service under tough job conditions. They can handle oil sand slurry sampling on a continuous basis, as well as sand and gravel slurry tailings lines. The separate closure plate caps the valve when the sampler is off-line and seals the process line connection if the entire system is removed. For safety, telltale ports on the isolation valve allow verification that pressure has been relieved before the sampler is detached.
ISOLOK SAL-B samplers bolt-mount onto machined pads welded to process pipes. Flange mounting also is available, along with a full line of sampler controllers and accessories
- Collects up to 25 cc sample volume per cycle
- Isolation valve (ISOVALVE) allows sampler to be easily removed for inspection or servicing while process lines remain pressurized
- Handles solids up to 3/8 in (9.5 mm)
- Accommodates process lines up to 300 psig (20.7 barg) pressure
- ATEX-compliant models available
- Rugged 316 stainless steel construction
- Specialized alloys and seals available on request
- Controllers and remote operating modules available in a variety of configurations
- Options include port closures, different container types, sampler enclosures (with or without heater), sample heating or refrigeration, and optional materials of construction and seal choices
- Sample Volume 8 cc or 25 cc
- Max Process Pressure 300 psig (21 barg)
- Process Temperature 500°F (260°C)
- Wetted Materials 316 and 17-4 SS
- Seal Material Polyurathane