Optimization in rennet cheese production
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is a natural ingredient of milk and cheese that features very interesting characteristics. Its application as an additive in cheese production is therefore highly effective and absolutely safe.
According to EU Guideline 95/2, Appendix 1, CO2 (E290) is permitted in the EU to be added to all foodstuffs as an additive without restriction.
A labeling obligation does not currently exist for the dairy applications presented.
Cost reduction as a result of:
Less microbial or animal rennet addition at lowered pH (ca. -30% at –0.1 pH, -40% at –0.2 pH), less culture application, less washing water
More process safety as a result of:
Standardization, optimized pH value, higher anaerobic (prevention of harmful germs), stabilized protein structures (CO2 binds as hydrogen carbonate to casein structures)
Shorter production times as a result of:
Shorter pre-ripening of cheese milk (protein swelling improved by CO2), more standardization – uniform production process in connection with the application of DVS cultures
The Carbolac technique can be applied to virtually all dairy facilities. It is compact, installation is easy and quickly done. Only a few prerequisites have to be taken into consideration.
With over 40 years as an industrial equipment supplier JWII has a profound depth of knowledge in the space of analytical instrumentation and related solutions. We help and advise clients to navigate a broad spectrum of products their uses in industry to meet process control and sustainability goals . Our advanced array of tools, synergized with our team of specialists, enables us to deliver solutions of significant impact. With a legacy marked by consistent achievements, we hold in high regard our steadfast dedication to catering to an international clientele spanning diverse industries and geographies.
Our Premier Suite of Services Encompasses:
- Installation: Precision-driven integration tailored to specific requirements.
- Routine Maintenance: Ensuring systems’ longevity and optimal performance through regular oversight.
- Repairs and Upgrades: Proactive identification and rectification of system inefficiencies, bolstered by the latest technological advancements.
- Modifications to Current Installations: Adapting existing systems to align with evolving client needs.
- Emergency Response Repairs: Prompt and efficient solutions for unforeseen system challenges.
- Commissioning: Comprehensive system design, installation, testing, and maintenance to meet exacting operational standards.
- On-site Assistance: Dedicated field teams providing hands-on support, ensuring seamless operations irrespective of challenges.