Associated Sensory Terms
– Cherry / cherry stone
Cause of Almond Flavour
In alcoholic beverages such as beer, Almond flavour is caused by oxidation and other ageing effects on the beer. Some beers such as fruit beers have Benzaldehyde as part of their flavour profile.
Almond flavour can occur generally from storage conditions – long term storage can create Benzaldehyde.
In non-alcoholic beverages, benzaldehyde is a carryover flavour from the previous production within a bottling plant where cherry or other flavourings have not been cleaned and rinsed out of the system, these flavours are then imparted when another product is processed.
Almond Flavour in Coffee
A sweet, light brown, woody, and buttery aromatic with floral and fruity notes that may include rose, cherry, and apricot. It is also astringent and can be slightly smoky.
Beer Flavour Wheel Number: 0224
SCA Taster’s Flavour Wheel: Nutty Cocoa > Nutty > Almond
Typical concentration seen – 1 ug to 10 mg / l
Recommended flavour standard / sensory reference standard of: American Society of Brewing Chemists (ASBC) and the European Brewing Chemists (EBC)
With over 40 years as an industrial equipment supplier JWII has a profound depth of knowledge in the space of analytical instrumentation and related solutions. We help and advise clients to navigate a broad spectrum of products their uses in industry to meet process control and sustainability goals . Our advanced array of tools, synergized with our team of specialists, enables us to deliver solutions of significant impact. With a legacy marked by consistent achievements, we hold in high regard our steadfast dedication to catering to an international clientele spanning diverse industries and geographies.
Our Premier Suite of Services Encompasses:
- Installation: Precision-driven integration tailored to specific requirements.
- Routine Maintenance: Ensuring systems’ longevity and optimal performance through regular oversight.
- Repairs and Upgrades: Proactive identification and rectification of system inefficiencies, bolstered by the latest technological advancements.
- Modifications to Current Installations: Adapting existing systems to align with evolving client needs.
- Emergency Response Repairs: Prompt and efficient solutions for unforeseen system challenges.
- Commissioning: Comprehensive system design, installation, testing, and maintenance to meet exacting operational standards.
- On-site Assistance: Dedicated field teams providing hands-on support, ensuring seamless operations irrespective of challenges.