Perfect automatic foam stability testing
Foam stability is an important beer quality parameter. Measuring foam stability, however, has been so far either laborious or inaccurate – or both.
The demand for an accurate and user-location independent stability measurement device led to the development of the automatic Steinfurth Foam Stability Tester (SFT).
- The container (bottle or can) with the beer to be measured is connected to the Steinfurth Foam Stability.
- Tester, using a sampling device (for example the Steinfurth Sampler).
- The beer is moved into the SFT by CO2 pressure. The pressure is such that the beer doesn’t degasify inside the container.
- The beer is ejected into the glass cylinder through a special constructed nozzle, converting it into foam.
- Foam stability is calculated from the timing of the passing of the beer / foam boundary along some optical sensors.
- Before every measuring, the cylinder is rinsed automatically. It is possible to start an automatic series of several consecutive and independent measuring from the same beer package.